Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (together with the documents referred to in them) tell you the terms and
conditions of use on which you may make use of our website www.acorndvd.com (the “Website”) whether
as a guest or a registered user. Use of the Website includes accessing, browsing, or registering to
use the Website.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use the Website, as these will apply to your use of the Website. By using the Website, you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must not use the Website.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
These Terms and Conditions refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Website:
- The Website is a site owned and operated by RLJE International Ltd trading as Acorn DVD (hereafter referred to as “Acorn DVD”/”we”/“us”)).We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03889535 and we have our registered office at 55 Drury Lane, London, WC2B 5SQ.
- You must be eighteen years old or over and resident in the United Kingdom to use the Website. If you are under eighteen you may only use the site with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
- We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions.
- Acorn DVD does not accept liability for any errors and omissions and reserves the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of goods and products listed.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You undertake that all the information submitted by you to Acorn DVD as part of an order is true and accurate, that you have the right to enter into a contract to purchase goods from Acorn DVD and that you have the right to use the credit card whose details you have submitted. Anyone caught wilfully entering a fictitious order or a known invalid credit card or fraudulently using a credit card will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- The Website may contain third party links (hyperlinks) to other sites not related to Acorn DVD, the content of these sites is outside our control. Accordingly we make no warranties or representations regarding, and we exclude any liability in respect of, the content of such third party websites or the goods or services available through such sites.
- All videos and soundtracks are protected by copyright. All DVDs and Blu-Ray discs have been licensed for use in private homes where an entrance fee has not been charged. Any unauthorised use including broadcast, public performance, copying, editing, re-selling or renting of this programme or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may give rise to criminal prosecution.
- By using this Website, you consent to Acorn DVD using and processing your details as described in clauses 11 to 14. Any queries regarding privacy matters should be addressed to email@example.com.
- We hold the following information about you on our database for the purpose of processing your order, following up any queries and despatching your order: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, alternative delivery address details, credit and/or debit card type, number, expiry date and if required the issue number. This information is collected from details submitted by you on the order form, by telephone, or by email, or from any other correspondence received from you.
- From time to time we will send you an e-mail informing you of any special offers and catalogue updates unless you have opted out from receiving such mailings. We will also from time to time e-mail you details of particular promotions or of new additions to our website. At any time you may opt out of receiving e-mails of this nature by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE link contained in promotional emails sent by us and following the on-screen instructions.
- We may disclose your details to third parties for the purpose of administration and providing goods and services to you.
- Unless you have opted out, we may pass your details to carefully selected third parties who may contact you by mail with offers which may be of interest.
Acceptance of Order
- Your contract for purchases made through the Website is with Acorn DVD. No contract for the supply of goods exists until Acorn DVD has received payment in full. You undertake that all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use only.
- Acorn DVD is free to withdraw from a prospective contract at any time prior to processing payment.
- You will be sent an email confirming receipt of the order, the details of which you must check are correct. You have the right to notify Acorn DVD of any errors in the order. If you do not do so within 24 hours of receiving this email, Acorn DVD will be entitled to assume the details of the order as set out in the confirmation are accurate. This confirmatory email does not indicate receipt of payment and does not constitute a contract.
- Acorn DVD may refuse to accept any order where delivery is required to be made overseas. Shipments to international delivery addresses may be subject to import duties and taxes that are levied once a parcel reaches that country. Any such additional charges must be borne by you. Please note that international shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
- Credit and debit cards are debited on the day of despatch by Acorn DVD.
- If a pricing error is discovered of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. If you place an order and the price published on the Website is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you prior to debiting payment for the goods to inform you of the correct price and ascertain whether you still wish us to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product that was advertised at an incorrect price before payment for the goods has been received. We shall give you the option of confirming the order at the correct price or if you so wish, to cancel the order altogether.
- Acorn DVD aims to dispatch all orders within 5 days of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if any item is not in stock. Some items may not be available and we are not able to supply dates when our suppliers may get an item in stock.
- We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered that is due to any event outside our control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any similar events.
- In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, Acorn DVD shall, at its own discretion, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question provided that you notify us of the problem within 30 days of delivery of the goods. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Right to Cancel
- You have the right to cancel your order by contacting our office prior to us processing the order. You may also cancel an order within 30 days of receipt of the goods, providing all goods are returned undamaged and in the condition they were delivered. All goods must be returned at your own cost as soon as possible after cancellation of the order. Any sum debited to Acorn DVD will be re-credited to the credit card account as soon as possible on receipt at our offices of returned goods, this sum will be minus the postage and packing costs incurred by Acorn Media UK. Where you exercise your right to cancel, you bear the risk of loss of or damage to the goods until they have been received by us.
- Acorn DVD reserves the right to make a charge for collecting goods from your premises in circumstances where they are not defective but you have cancelled your order. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The limits of liability contained in these Terms and Conditions apply only to the extent permitted by law. Acorn DVD does not exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury where such injury results from Acorn DVD’s negligence or wilful default, or that of its directors, employees, or other representatives, or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Acorn DVD will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as possible after being notified of them.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Acorn DVD IS PROVIDING THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND MAKES AND GIVES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, ACORN DVD DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THE WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
- You and Acorn DVD will only be liable under these Terms and Conditions for losses that are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract. Our liability will be capped at the sale price of the goods sold to you.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with (a) use of, or inability to use, the Website; or (b) use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
- The products sold on the Website are provided for private domestic and private use only. Accordingly, Acorn DVD does not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Website or for any products purchased from Acorn DVD.
- You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Acorn DVD reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice by amending this page. Any modifications will be deemed effective from the date and time of posting on the Website. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made as they are binding on you. Please print and retain a copy of the Terms and Conditions at the time of placing your order.
- We may update the Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We accept no liability for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
- The use of the Website and any purchase by you on the Website of any products will be governed by English Law and will be deemed to have occurred in the United Kingdom. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
- RLJE International Ltd trading as Acorn DVD is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website and all of the material comprised the Website. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. You may access such material for reading it on-screen as displayed by Acorn DVD. All other such rights are reserved and you may not reproduce in any way, incorporate in any other work, merge or otherwise use such material or any part without the express written permission of Acorn DVD. If you print off, copy or download any part of the Website in breach of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- We do not guarantee that the Website site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to ther Website, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to the Website in any website that is not owned by you. The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.