RLJE International Ltd trading as Acorn DVD (hereafter referred to as “Acorn DVD”/”we”/”us”) own and operate the website www.acorndvd.com (the “Website”).
Like many other websites, the Website uses "cookies". A cookie is a small text file that websites automatically save to the cookie file of the browser on your computer when you enter a website.
You can use the "Help" section of the tool bar on most browsers to change the settings on your computer, for example, to notify you when you receive a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. However, some of the features of our online services may not work or may be more difficult to access if you refuse all cookies.
If you want to find out more about cookies go to www.youronlinechoices.eu.
If you have any further queries about cookies please get in touch - Click here to go to our Customer Service page.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information - including email address.
- The internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet.
- Browser type and version.
- Operating system and platform you use to connect to the internet.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Areas of our online services that you viewed or searched for.
- Uniform Resource Locators (URL’s) from or through which you entered or exited our online services and the date and time of such activity.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the - List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we collect
Cookies are used for many different purposes on the Website.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Analyse web traffic.
- Estimate our audience size.
- Track your status in any promotions, contests and sweepstakes.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Geo-Management Advisory Service – we use a cookie to determine when a user last viewed a message advising them that the website they are accessing is directed at a particular geographical area or country.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Online Behavioural Advertising - we use third party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our online services including a company known as DoubleClick and Google’s AdSense program. The ads you receive are influenced by various factors, including your browsing history prior to visiting this website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your use of our online services in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements, our third party serving network may place or recognise a unique "cookie" on your browser. This is a "persistent" cookie, which means that it is stored on your computer and will remain there until it expires or you remove it. The ad serving networks may also make use of other technologies, such as "web beacons", in order to improve the relevance of the ads you receive.
If you would like more information about DoubleClick’s practices and to know your choices about not having this information used by this company please click here: www.doubleclick.net/us/corporate/privacy.
If you would like more information about Google’s AdSense program please click here:www.google.com/adsense.
To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third party partners, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance at youronlinechoices.eu.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
The Website may contain links to other websites of interest.
However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|ADVERTISING||Used to identify your browser and to capture information about you and your use of this website which is then used by us and other third parties for advertising purposes. |
We may work with another company that allows us to use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalised online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, click here.
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||Your sesssion ID on the server.|
|GOOGLE ANALYTICS||Creates detailed statistics about the visits to the website.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|